Jeyuk Bokkeum (or Dweji Bulgogi) - Spicy Pork BBQ
Spicy Korean pork bulgogi marinated in a gochujang based sauce with lots of fresh garlic and ginger!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Marinating time1 hr
Total Time15 mins
- 2 pounds thinly sliced pork shoulder see bulgogi recipe for slicing tips
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 3 scallions cut into 2-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons gochujang Korean chili pepper paste
- 1 tablespoon gochugaru Korean chili pepper flakes
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice wine or mirin
- 2 tablespoons sugar or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup or honey
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 small apple grated about 4 tablespoons
Thinly slice the meat, if not pre-sliced.
Mix all marinade ingredients well. Combine the meat, onion, and scallions with the marinade and mix well.
Marinate for about an hour.
Grill over charcoal or pan fry in a skillet over medium high heat until slightly caramelized. (Preheat and lightly oil with sesame oil before adding the meat. If pan frying, do not crowd the skillet. Adjust the heat as necessary.)