Broccoli is one of those vegetables you either love or hate. My children didn’t like it when they were little. Yes, I had to repeat the infamous phrase, “eat your broccoli”, every time I put it on the table. They eventually grew up to love broccoli.Sesame broccoli is one of our favorite ways to eat it.
Broccoli is available all year round, and this sesame broccoli is quick and easy, making it a great side dish to any meal!
Blanch (or steam) the broccoli, dress it with generous amounts of sesame oil and sesame seeds, and season with salt. There you have it – a delicious side dish that’s nutty, crunchy, and delicious! Eat your broccoli!
Have you tried this sesame broccoli recipe? Please rate the recipe below and leave a comment! Stay in touch by following me onYouTube,Pinterest,Twitter,Facebook, andInstagram.
Sesame BroccoliSide Dish
Servings: 2Print Recipe
- 1 pound broccoli
- 1 teaspoon salt for blanching
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted and crushed (see note)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- salt to taste about 1/2 teaspoon
- Cut the broccoli head from the stem. Cut the head into small florets. Peel the stems and cut into small pieces.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add a teaspoon of salt and broccoli, and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until it reaches the desired tenderness.
- Drain, and immediately shock in cold water to stop cooking. Drain well.
- Combine the broccoli with the remaining ingredients, and toss well to evenly distribute the seasoning.
*In a pan, roast sesame seeds over medium low heat for 4 to 5 minutes. Stir occasionally. Then, crush the seeds in a blender or grounder by pulsing them a couple of times.
Tried this recipe?Mention @koreanbapsang or tag #koreanbapsang!